Zee TV star on Independence Day

Prembabu Sharma

ROOPAL TYAGI : I wear Salwar Kameez and eat only Indian food on Independence Day

Who is your favorite freedom fighter?
Has to be Bapu (Mahatma Gandhi). I think he was the most intelligent freedom fighter.

One of your favorite patriotic song?
I am not very sure if this counts as a patriotic song but A.R. Rahman’s rendition of Vande Mataram is an all time favorite.

The difference between celebrating Independence Day when you were a kid and the difference now when you have grown up?
When we were in school we were forced to celebrate Independence Day by coming early to attend the flag hoisting ceremony and taking part in school activities, whether you liked it or not. Now it’s different as a grown up. This is because nobody forces us to do anything. We celebrate coz we want to!

What do you feel about the Independence day?
This may sound like a cliché but to commemorate the day I wear a Salwar Suit and only eat Indian food.

A quote for your fans on Independence Day?
Enjoy your holiday and spare a moment for all the martyrs who laid their lives to free our country. 
ANKIT GERA : I miss flying kites on Independence Day

Who is your favorite freedom fighter?
Bapu for sure… unpe aaj bhi log marte hain (currency notes) broad grin. But jokes apart it is unfair to single out only one freedom fighter coz there are many unsung heroes who gave their lives for the love of their country, but sadly nobody has heard about them.

One of your favorite patriotic song?
That would Ae mere watan ke logon, zara aankh mein bhar lo paani by Lata Ji.

The difference between celebrating Independence Day when you were a kid and the difference now when you have grown up?
I really miss flying kites on Independence Day. In Delhi every Independence Day our entire family would gather at the terrace, put on loud music and indulge in kite flying competitions. I used to design my own colorful kites. I miss gazing at a colorful sky on Independence Day.

What do you feel about the Independence day?
As responsible citizens we should take the first step in making our country a better place to live in.  
GULKI JOSHI : I wanted to be a politician and change my country

Who is your favorite freedom fighter?
Bhagat Singh

One of your favorite patriotic song?
Md. Rafi Saab’s - Kar Chale Hum Fida

The difference between celebrating Independence Day when you were a kid and the difference now when you have grown up?
When I was in school it was a different feeling altogether. Singing patriotic songs and reading about the freedom struggle made me feel closer to my country. There was a time when I wanted to join politics coz I wanted to change my country.

I had big dreams to change my country and use to sit with likeminded friends and plan extensively over long hours of group discussions. Now it just means a day off and watching some TV shows at home.

What do you feel about the Independence Day?
I personally feel that Independence Day has lost its relevance and it’s just a tag these days. We should not do anything special on this day. The feeling of Independence and the zeal for the betterment of our nation should be in our hearts all 365 days of the year. 


Labels: , , , , ,