Palak Guleria won laurels to her Parents and School

R.D. Bhardwaj “Noorpuri”

Palak Guleria, d/o. Mrs. Ritu Guleria and Col. H.S. Guleria, and a student of Army Public School, Mumbai, has really brought big laurels not only for herself and her school, but also made her parents feel proud about their daughter’s stupendous success in Class 12th Board Exams by scoring 95% marks (best of four in Commerce Stream).

Recalling her experience, about her preparations, Palak feels that the term Board Exams itself sends a shiver down our spines of the majority of students. “The most toughest and crucial time in a student's life - 12th boards. I would like to share my experience of the last three months of sheer hard work. Getting up early, studying and eating healthy were the only things which I did in those few months. Of course, I had started my preparation long back, but the final innings were really very very crucial and tumultuous for me.”

Daughter of an army officer, Palak says that her father, Col. H.S. Guleria and mother Ritu Guleria were a very important source of ray and encouragement for her. They not only inspired her to study hard but also made her rock sure that she really does it, emphatically. Occasionally, there were times of frustration and tiredness due to studying continuously, but the will to excel and bring laurels to my school and family kept me glued to the note books.

Palak Guleria
“My school : Army Public School, Mumbai, also played an equally important role, and my Principal, Mrs. Vipanjot Sehdeva and my class-teacher Dr. Neela Ghosh, always provided me the much desired and required inspiration and moral support. They gave me the confidence and a platform which transformed me completely. They not only taught me to mug up the bookish lessons thoroughly, but also taught me how to face the competitive world and grab the best opportunities falling in my way.”

When going for the exam, the nervousness was overshadowed by the faith in my Lord Master Satguru Baba Hardev Singh Ji Maharaj (whom her entire family adores as their spiritual and religious Guru) and the belief that whatever he will wish for me, shall also be the best for me. Her mother always stood solidly by her side and gave her huge moral support as and when her confidence level went somewhat dwindling.

Recalling the day of her result, Palak feels that it was a day of mixed emotions - excitement, fear with butterflies in my stomach. The moment when I entered my roll number on the webpage containing my name and marks and final result was flashed in front of my eyes, I was totally stunned, flabbergasted, happy and overjoyed with excitement. My mother also stood beside me with tears in her eyes ..... and that made me so happy and grateful to my Satguru Baba Hardev Singh ji Maharaj, my school and my parents. That was the day which not only put an end of my schooling, but it was also the made a beginning of a challenging, yet happy life ahead.

Palak’s Aim in Life : "My aim is to become an IAS Officer and serve the nation and bring about a remarkable change with the blessings of the almighty. I have applied in the colleges for English Hons. and Sociology Hons. ... as I feel that either of the two will help me fulfil my dream."

Her Choice of Colleges for Graduation : Even though she passed her school from Mumbai, this shining star feels that to studying in Delhi University has always been her dream. Moreover, her dad has also been transferred to Delhi now, and that has made her dream come true to study at some prestigious college under Delhi University. As far as her choice of colleges goes, she feels that if she gets admission in St. Stephen College, Lady Shri Ram Colleges, Hindu College or Miranda House, she will be more than happy.

We wish beta Palak Guleria all success and better prospects in life.

Labels: , , ,